top of page
May 11, 1740
Thomas Davis performed A Survey of 663 Acres of Land in Prince William County for William Davis, Exclusive of 112 Acres of Land Surveyd for Patrick Hamrick within the old bounds of ye sd Wm Davis [ . . . ]. Landmarks begin at the head of Rushia Branch and include Cruppers Cabin Branch, Buckhall Branch, and the adjacent property owner, Howsin Hooe. ("Northern Neck Land Grant Warrants and Surveys," Virginia State Archives, Richmond, VA.)
Thomas Davis and William Davis both owned properties adjacent to Patrick’s land grant parcel. (REF: April 28, 1740 survey drawing) Apparently, the survey for Patrick’s land grant prompted a new definition of William Davis’ property boundary, perhaps because William Davis had not cultivated the acreage.
bottom of page